Tools: I’ve used powerpoint for the design and background graphics.
Design: I’ve used the simple graphing paper as background to add texture, and just embossed the tiles for an added table effect. I’ve used MV Boli for personal touch of the font and then light navy blue for color consistency.
Interactivity: I’ve done the click and reveal from scratch just so I can get the hang of it. There are also available templates in the articulate community that are free to use. For the quiz part, it took me two hours just to figure out the short answer option for the question bank, and since I’m a little sleepy now after a very long day, I figured I’ll just use the multiple choice for the mean time and will just update with additional questions on the practice section once I have the extra time.
Disclaimer: I didn’t add the menu since I want the end-user to go through each slide and not jump from one page to another. Though, I might add that in my updated version if this is going to be a lesson. In addition, I’m not that confident with my voice to do VO but I do realize that in a lesson, a voice over is very essential to help learner appreciate math lessons. I might add that in my updated version as well.
Overall: I’ve accumulated 16 hours for this one since I also have to study and make sure I understand permutation. For the question activities, I’ve referred to the following website:
Starting the year right — I’ve indulged myself with my first elearning project using the most common elearning authoring tool: Articulate Storyline. (Click photo to view demo).
This first project is an output made with Storyline using the basic features. I’ve gone over Learning with Articulate Storyline by Stephanie Harnett and so far, what I like about the book is that it is so straight forward and along the way, the author pushes the reader to create her own project based on each chapter of the book.
Thus, after reading the first six (6) chapters, here I am with my first output using Articulate Storyline.
A quick description on my first elearning project:
1) This course is intended for employee compliance and I’ve used a template from the articulate community. The content is mainly from wikipedia.org, with some of the text paraphrased to ensure no particular company will be related.
2) I used the basic features:
sound clips and video
buttons and icons
hotspots such as markers, button sets and lightbox
feedback and feedback master
3) I’ve not exactly followed what’s on the book for the design features, but most of the content interactivity are from the instructions in the book. I’ve also ensured there is somewhat some smooth flow of idea just so the user can easily navigate.
I guess this elearning project is not bad for my first. If you can give me comments to further improve, I’d greatly appreciate it. 🙂
This theme song was prepared as part of an entry for our annual department Christmas party (Training Dept) last 2012. This video and song has several versions, depending on the need.
Note: The music is originally composed by team-NCR, and the shots were taken using an ordinary Samsung phone and Sony point-and-shoot camera. One can consider these videos amateur, since we only have to take into consideration our resources at the time. However, all part of the video were taken with fun, enthusiasm and dedication.
Version 1: Draft of original theme song as sung by team NCR members. My clear copy was already lost so I just used this one for viewing purposes.
Version 2: Draft of the original theme song with lyrics. Some shots were edited to include bloopers.
Final Version: This is the version presented during our company event. The music was changed to include other singers from the department.