Recently, we had product display during the CEAP convention in Davao, and I had the chance to interact with some school coordinator, administrators and some teachers. I got the chance to explain about our books, magazines and our e-Learning product. What’s more, I got the chance to appreciate fully our products because it is one in the market that offers much more than our competitors.
So, as an e-Learning advocate and a Genyo supporter since 2010, what do I like about Genyo e-Learning?
Training and Technology Integration
- With Genyo, teachers are trained to use the e-Learning platform at the start of the school year and at other dates as needed all year round. The teachers and the students not only gets trained about the system, but really, how to integrate its use inside the classroom, and during school events. There are schools who used Genyo for their quizzes, and others for their online quarterly examinations. There are also who used the platform for school-wide election, and others who use it for survey, or any other subject-related event such as Buwan ng Wika, English Month, or any even the World Teacher’s day.
- Technology Integration is one standard required in the Philippine K-12 curriculum of the Department of Education, so with Genyo, it would be seamless to apply this standard for schools. There are also several schools who use Genyo for their PAASCU accreditation.
- Malate Catholic School who has implemented their hybrid program with integrating technology in their curriculum is already a testament to how the training and technology integration can be successful for e-Learning implementation. Also, forums for training the administrators are provided so these schools can be at par in their e-Learning implementation with the global standards. You can read more on this article.
- Lastly, the help of Learning Integration Specialists assigned in schools all-year-round makes it a better opportunity for the schools to move forward with e-Learning.
- Genyo already has content housed inside its platform — with topics for English, Math, Science, Araling Panlipunan and Filipino. These content are animated, and ready-made. What’s more, our team already developed contents that are aligned with the learning competencies of the Philippine K-12 curriculum guide. One thing you just need to do is search the thousand contents that we have for your topic.
- What if the contents are not aligned in your school curriculum? Don’t worry. There are options for the contents in Genyo to be mapped out to your curriculum, just ask the Learning Integration Specialist how to do it.
- Last but not the least, aside from the lessons, there are also quizzes, games and interactive activities inside the platform that both teachers and students can take advantage of. These quizzes are either aligned with the lessons, or stand-alone. If you opt to customize a game that you can do for your lesson, no problem! That is possible too with our platform.
- Suppose you are a teacher, do you have less time for yourself because you need to do several administrative tasks as add-on for your lessons? With Genyo, you can just customize and create your own lesson packages from our own content, your own PowerPoint file, or just a link from your references list. You can also create quizzes and allow these to be assigned to your students as reviewer for an exam, or just a quiz included in your lesson. These lessons and quizzes also give you immediate feedback (if you opt it), so on your end, you can immediately analyze if your students did well for the quiz you’ve assigned. So, if you’re a teacher, tracking your student’s progress is very very important.
- Announcements are also important especially if the school don’t have classes (maybe because of class suspension) yet teachers want the students to work on their homework. Instead of having the students just check social media, why not take advantage of technology to shout out those school requirements? For the past years, Genyo has been used as an announcement platform during on-the-spot suspension of classes because of provincial events, or even natural disasters coming their way.
So there. For the past years, I have worked as a Genyo advocate so I have an idea of how Genyo works and how it helps students, teachers and schools in integrating technology into their lessons and their school curriculum. I think these are also the reasons our partner schools have taken advantage since they have started their e-Learning journey with us. 🙂